This course has been designed specifically for:
- beginning teachers and experienced teachers who are teaching the preliminary course (Year 11) in Economics or Legal Studies for the first time
- teachers who may have already taught one of these courses in the past but who need a refresher course
- teachers who intend to teach one of these courses in the near future.
This course will focus on the NSW Education Standards Authority Legal Studies and Economics Preliminary (Year 11) syllabuses and look at:
- effective teaching and learning strategies designed to engage students, based on the current NSW Education Standards Authority Economics and Legal Studies syllabuses
- programming ideas
- assessment procedures and techniques
- useful teaching and learning resources.
The course will be presented by experienced teachers who will share their own experiences during their challenging early years of teaching and how they coped.